Job Title: Legal Officer Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda Reports to: Managing Partner
We are recruiting for a law firm that provides a wide range of legal services in a variety of legal practice areas. It is a firm with a global network of firms. The firm comprises of highly experienced Advocates, Solicitors, Legal, Corporate & Investment Attorneys, Oil & Gas Legal Consultants, Tax Consultants, and Commissioners for Oaths, Notaries Public, Trade mark and Patent Agents, Receivers, Liquidators and Company Secretaries.
The Legal Officer will be part of the team but will mainly support the Managing Partner in various legal aspects of the firm ranging from legal research, court appearances and chamber practice generally.
Competences and Qualifications
• Degree: LLB (Hons)
• Post Graduate Diploma in legal practice from LDC
• Have a practice certificate
• A member of the Uganda Law Society
• Minimum of 1 year in legal Practice
• Strong research and legal writing skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong skills in designing legal projects
• Strong skills in strategic litigation
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural / multi-racial team